The island culture is definitely something else. Very colorful and always with heaps of flowers. I was SO many beautiful things and amazing food. I tried something they call raw fish... it's fish soaked in coconut juice with other veggies and stuff mixed in. I only had a small bite (I believe it's still raw but I decided NOT to ask and just to try some) and it tasted good with the coconut but also very fishy... one of those things you try once and that's enough. The coconut ice cream on the other hand was SO delicious! They also had the option of getting a half slice of watermelon with ice cream as well but the pineapple seemed more tropical.
On our way home we stopped for some fish and chips another Kiwi classic. We spent the afternoon relaxing for a bit (and planning for my lessons for the next week) before leaving with Julie and Beau to a birthday party. This party was for Julie's sister's partner. Let's just say this was one of the most interesting parties I have ever been to... It involved lots and lots of alcohol and an interesting crowd of people. All of them super nice and very hospitable but I was grateful that we didn't stay too long. That experience reminded me how grateful I am for the gospel and my upbringing.
Pictures:
I got my hair done at one of the booths to practice putting a flower in my hair.
Even dogs wear leis around here
Best dessert ever! Pineapple with ice cream inside!



No comments:
Post a Comment