Today was a very special day! Beau's 12th birthday!! Boy was he excited! We've been hearing about his birthday every day since we got home from our south island trip. On Saturday we are having a big birthday party with a hangi (where they cook the food underground by heating up rocks and then sticking the food on leaves by the rocks and covering everything with dirt for a few hours- I'll give more detail on Saturday) and a silly hat parade. So today we just had a quiet celebration with Jean and Jayceen. Jean brought a cheese cake and they had family home evening with us. We played snakes and ladders (just like chutes and ladders) and sang popcorn popping. For Beau's birthday, Sara and I bought him a gangnam style t-shirt from one of the local shops. He absolutely loved it!
Teaching also went well today. We had a reliever (a substitute) because it was my teacher's planning day (they get two every term). Tomorrow I start taking over for half day control. I'm actually really excited about it! I feel ready and although I'm a little nervous I know that I can do it. Yes there are kids who always give you trouble and I'm learning how to handle them in the classroom but I just love teaching so much! It's such a fulfilling job and I know that no matter how tired I am that at the end of the day I made a difference, even if it was only a small one. So tomorrow begins the real teaching adventures! Bring it on :)



No comments:
Post a Comment