So good news bad news... Bad news the van company we had booked our van with doubled booked the van so last minute Erika had to call every car rental place in Auckland but none of them had any 10 passenger vans available. So we had to cancel our Coromandel trip... in a way it was nice because it made for a nice relaxing Friday. It was a bit up in the air as to how we should spend our free Friday. Sara, Elise, and Brittany opted for Indian food and then the mall (Sara loves playing DDR and they have a place to play it at the mall). Erika said that anyone who wanted to could come with her to the beach so I took her up on that offer.
It ended up being just Erika and I but who doesn't love hanging with their program director- especially when she is as awesome as Erika. :) She picked me up around 1 and we drove out to Takapuna beach. It was a pretty windy and cloudy day but the beach was beautiful. I admit I didn't wear sunscreen... not the best idea in the NZ sun (I usually don't burn very easily but the sun is a lot stronger here). I didn't get burned per say... :). It was SO nice to be at the beach again- I haven't really been since we got back from the South Island. It may sound weird spending the whole day just me and my professor but it was awesome! We have a lot of common interests and she's doing a lot of research in bilingual education which is something I am very interested in. I've never really worked closely along side a professor before but it really nice to have her insight and experience- especially when it comes to succeeding in education.
We also stopped by another beach that's more of a secret beach just a few miles down. It was really beautiful and quiet. The ocean is such a great place to contemplate life :) After dinner I went over to Elise and Brittany's house (Sara was there too) and we watched Harry Potter 5. It's funny how much you forget happens when you haven't seen the movie in a while. All in all it was a great day even though our plans were changed last minute.
No comments:
Post a Comment