Sunday, April 7, 2013

Conference and Pancakes

Today was fall back for NZ which means home is now 7 hours behind. I didn't realize that it was fall back until after had I already showered so instead of going back to bed I decided to watch the beginning of general conference. Because of the time difference here conference is always shown the weekend after it appears in the states. So it was kind of weird waking up on what usually is conference weekend and having fast sunday instead. So as I was getting ready to watch the beginning session I saw a post on facebook from one of my mission companions talking about a temple announced for Cedar City!!! Of course I was super excited!!! Although I never served directly in Cedar as a missionary it's still part of my mission. The sister that I served with from New Zealand served the last part of her mission there and was also thrilled to hear the news!

After church and a well deserved hour nap Sara and I walked over to Erika's house for pancakes and to watch the first conference session as a group. We had all the works fruit, ice cream, and syrup along with milo and scrambled eggs. I've missed breakfast food so much! Conference was really good! Even though we only watched one session and it was a bit choppy from the internet it was still an awesome experience!

Afterwards we went over to Elise and Brittany's house and watched The Other Side of Heaven. I forgot how much I love that movie- especially after having served a mission. And now that I've experienced more of the island culture I love that movie even more! So far we don't have any big plans for our last two days in the country but we're definitely going to make the most of it!!

No comments:

Post a Comment