Tuesday, April 9, 2013
Airport
Well, here I sit. My flight leaving for Sydney in about 30 minutes. We're almost about to board. Where did the time go? As Julie was driving me to the airport I kept thinking about everything I've done and it feels liks so much but then it also feels like I've just arrived. I fear that as soon as I land in America I'll wake up and this will all have been a dream. Looking back this study abroad was harder and better than I thought it would be. There were some definite bumps and surprises in the road that made me grateful for my country, up bringing, and being a member of the church. I'm definitely looking forward to stepping on American soil again. It's so weird how a place becomes such a part of you. I've never realized how much my culture has shaped my person until this moment. I've always wondered how God decided which country to send us to and why. I still haven't figured that one out but I'm grateful to be an American. Don't get me wrong. I've loved this New Zealand adventure more than anything but now it's time to go home. Sydney will be a nice holiday and there's my boarding call. I'm off to leave the land of middle earth and start my trek home.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment