Sunday, February 24, 2013

Sunday Laziness

9am church. Sara and I walked into the chapel and saw the other two BYU girls in our ward on the stand. Yesterday afternoon I received an email asking for Sara and I to speak in church the next day... I called the counselor back and let him know that we had just gotten back from the south island and that we had just spoken a few weeks before. So I guess he called the other girls and there they were. Good thing they had a whole evening to prepare :). They did an awesome job!

After church we drove home and discovered that Beau's dad had come over and made a BBQ for us. It was the usual kiwi BBQ of chicken and NZ sausage. So yum with salad, mashed potatoes, a little bit of beef stew stuff, and bread. We were able to eat outside under the shade of a tree in their yard. It felt so nice. The rest of the afternoon we spent just hanging out and napping. I spent my time reading the hunger games, blogging, and catching up on life. Sara slept for most of the afternoon and so after a bit I went over to the house for some watermelon and to spend time with Beau. Some of Julie's family came over to visit and we colored pictures and played pictionary with some of her grandkids (Sara came over to the house for that part). Julie made some delicious banana cake with chocolate icing. We ate it with hokey pokey ice cream! Delicious!! It was SO nice not to have tons of ysa activities and things going on. We could just hang out with Julie and her family. I loved it.

Tomorrow is practicum preparation day where we'll get our schedule and talk about the expectations of our teaching experience. I am super excited for practicum! It's going to be great to get into the classroom and to be with the kids! This is what our whole experience is all about :) It's going to be awesome!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment