Thursday wasn't too horribly exciting. We were allowed to sleep in!! But we were still on our way by 9 :). James knew a few spots where LOTR scenes were filmed as well as the Wolverine movie with Hugh Jackman. So we drove off to a place called Glenorchy and also Paradise. There we saw Isenguard and Lothlorien. Isenguard was just plain weird because you are so used to seeing the giant pit creating the orcs and the tower. But no it's just a wide open space. The forest was also really pretty. I love trees so very much! The green contrast was amazing! There was also a green carpet of moss coating the floor. It's weird though because the forests are pretty empty besides a few lizards and birds and insects. I keep thinking I'll see a deer or moose or something but no. They do have deer here but they've been imported in and domesticated. Weird right? But for real you'll see herds of deer acting just like cattle behind fences and everything. It's definitely different.
We got back in time for some girls to go do a zip line but I was so tired that I opted to stay back (I was so proud of myself since I wasn't all that sore from yesterday's rafting adventure). I ended up doing a little bit of shopping and then I ate
dinner with some of the girls from the group. We got Indian food and it was so delicious! Pretty much the rest of the evening was pack for tomorrow (the plan was to leave by 6), shower (yes I know finally right?), and sleep.
Oh and as part of our valentines day we each drew the name of one of the girls in our group to buy a small gift for. I received a delicious chocolate cupcake from one of the nearby shops from one of the girls. Speaking of celebrations you should have seen the party the hostel had going on... The best part was the guy dressed in a sheet holding a suction cup arrow obviously playing the role of Cupid. They don't allow any alcohol in the rooms so they do random room checks where they just burst in to make sure you don't have any alcohol. We must have looked pretty pathetic or maybe just the non alcoholic type (hopefully the latter) because they only checked our room once- thankfully!!
Another valentines day bites the dust :)







No comments:
Post a Comment